Slip-and-fall lawsuits are made against property or business owners for failing to safeguard the safety of visitors. Slip-and-fall accidents do not always result in premises liability claims and injuries. Victims of slip-and-fall injuries must, however, be reimbursed.
Read on to discover more about slip-and-fall in Maryland.
Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Maryland: Cases and Evidence
A slip-and-fall lawsuit is filed when a guest is injured on the premises. It is more than just slipping and falling. Tripping over a hidden object, slipping on an icy parking lot or sidewalk, falling into a sinkhole, and falling through a weak floor or step are all examples of slip-and-fall occurrences.
Falls cases necessitate the following evidence:
- Responsibility: Any hazards must be inspected and repaired by the property owner or manager. This requirement differs depending on the jurisdiction and whether the facility is a company inviting customers or a residence inviting friends and family.
- Unsafe Conditions and Knowledge: There were property risks, and the threats were known to the property owner or manager.
- Damages: Despite his or her state, the individual was injured on the property. There is both economical and non-economic harm (pain and suffering). Depending on the facts and circumstances, punitive damages may be sought to punish the culprit and deter future misconduct.
Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Maryland: Causes
Slip-and-fall accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. An unsafe or hazardous circumstance must exist in order to file a slip-and-fall claim. Here are several examples:
- Problems with the flooring
- Steps that are not illuminated or labeled
- untidy sidewalks
- Handrails are broken, and the steps are dangerous.
- Escalators and elevators that are unreliable
- Boxes impeding foot traffic movement.
- Beverages, foods, and substances that have been mislabeled (can cause burns)
- There are no warning signals.
Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Maryland: Severity
Slip-and-fall injuries vary in severity. Broken bones, numerous fractures, bruises, sprains, strains, soft tissue damage, bone or joint dislocation, ruptured or herniated disks, cuts and lacerations, neck and back injuries, and head injuries are common under these conditions.
The severity of an injury may also be affected by the victim’s health. Hip injuries in the elderly and feeble can be lethal. A sufferer may suffer if an injury stops him or her from working or engaging in sports.
Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Maryland: Liability
Slip-and-fall victims may make a claim against the business owner, manager, property owner, and maintenance provider. A premises liability case must also determine who was accountable for the property’s safety.
Why Should You Hire a Maryland Slip & Fall Attorney?
Slip-and-fall accidents are notoriously difficult to establish culpability for. When you accuse a property owner, homeowner, or business owner of failing to keep their premises secure, they and their insurance are likely to oppose your claim. As a result, here are three reasons why you need a slip-and-fall lawyer.
1. A slip-and-fall lawyer will determine culpability.
Slip-and-fall lawsuits require proving negligence. The accident investigation will include inspecting the accident scene, reviewing any video footage, interviewing witnesses, and hiring specialists.
2. A slip-and-fall attorney will determine the extent of your injuries.
Following a comprehensive investigation, your attorney will compile all of the losses you claim. They will accomplish this by meticulously tracing the accident that caused your injury and producing supporting proof linking the injury to all of your losses. Your slip-and-fall injuries will determine your damages.
3. A personal injury lawyer will defend you until a settlement or verdict is obtained.
There will be no opposing parties, claims, deadlines, or determining the value of your case. It will be handled by your attorney. Your physical, emotional, and mental healing will be prioritized.
Accidents and injuries are not light cases. Sometimes, these injuries cause more than physical damage. For this reason, victims must seek legal representation to be compensated for the situation that they are in.
At the Law Office of William M. Burgess, we understand the impact a slip-and-fall accidents can have on your life and the lives of your loved ones. We are a dedicated Waldorf law firm located at 200 Washington Ave, La Plata, MD, providing personalized and compassionate legal representation to our clients. Whether you need help from an slip-and-fall or personal injury lawyer, we are here to support and guide you every step of the way. Contact us at 301-645-3261 and let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve